DIRECT HIRE: Electronics Integration and Test EngineerLocation: Huntsville, AL
Posted On: 11/08/2023
Requirement Code: 66077
Aerojet Rocketdyne, an L3Harris Technologies Company, is looking for a Senior Electronics Integration and Test Engineer to join our team in Huntsville, Alabama. The Sr. Electronics Integration and Test Engineer will contribute to sending astronauts back to the moon by supporting our RS-25 Hardware in the Loop Lab (HILL), located at the NASA Marshall Space Flight Center campus within Redstone Arsenal, Alabama. Four RS-25 engines make up the Core Stage of NASA's Space Launch System Rocket. The candidate will support the development and maintenance of special test equipment used to conduct simulated launch tests of the RS-25 engine control system. The candidate will be part of a team dedicated to the operation, maintenance, enhancement, and certification of the HILL. The HILL contains a combination of RS-25 Engine hardware including an engine control unit, an array of flight level sensors and effectors, and sensor/effector simulators used to emulate the RS-25 engine operational environment. This position may be filled at this level posted or one level higher.
- Support test operations by ensuring special test equipment is maintained, certified, and fully operational. When issues arise, efficiently perform failure analysis to identify the issue and implement corrective and preventative actions.
- Work closely with hardware and software team members to ensure flawless integration of test equipment, flight hardware, and flight software.
- Support test equipment development and upgrade activities including requirements capture, drawing development, vendor evaluation, requirement verification, and equipment validation.
Current development activities include:
- Deployment of an upgrade to the lab control digital system, which is used to configure the lab for testing and for inserting real-time failures into the system.
- Development of a next-generation Simulation Interface Adapter (SIA), which is the hardware interface between the software engine model and the hardware engine controller. The SIA simulates all engine sensors and effectors.
- Develop test operation procedures and test equipment certification procedures.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field and 5~~@~~ years of experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Industry experience with the development of custom test equipment including system architecture, hardware design and development, requirement verification and validation.
- Knowledgeable in measurement and sampling techniques to accurately measure and record data.
- Knowledgeable in common communication protocols used to command common lab equipment such o-scopes, power supplies, waveform generators, logic analyzers, etc.
- Experienced in the verification of test systems to show compliance to system requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot test systems, identify root cause, and implement corrective and preventative actions to eliminate reoccurrence.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with stakeholders.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
Education: Requires a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field and 5~~@~~ years of experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
Requires U.S. Citizenship or status as a U.S. Person. Must be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information, and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
Employees in these positions must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to sit or stand and maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; may occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 25 pounds; may require occasional walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. May require the ability to travel by air or auto. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.
Compensation: DOE $100K - $113K/salary