Supervisory Paralegal (SPL)Location: Washington, DC
Posted On: 12/28/2022
Requirement Code: 62145
- At least three years of litigation paralegal experience, including trial experience.
- At least one year of experience in automated litigation support.
- Must have supervisory experience, including proven capabilities and communication skills to successfully interact with clients and attorneys.
- Requires sound working knowledge of federal and state court system, legal research procedures, and legal research resources. Requires excellent written and oral communication skills and thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw.
- Must have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, and imaging. Ability to consistently deliver highest quality work under extreme pressure will be very important.
Preferred Skills: Relativity knowledge and knowledge of eDiscovery procedures and resources preferred.
- Directs and supervises the work of paralegals and other support staff, particularly on major paralegal support efforts, such as large legal research projects or major in-courtroom support.
- Monitors work and reports on progress.
- Responsible for ensuring that paralegal and support staff work meets contract and attorney requirements and is delivered on time.
- Troubleshoots and performs quality control spot-checks.
- Must be able to formulate administrative and technical procedures for getting the work done.
- Reports to Project Supervisor or Project Manager; may also have significant contact with client, Government Case Manager, trial attorneys and staff, client agency staff, and opposing counsel.
- Performs complex legal and factual research.
- Designs and develops systems and procedures for tracking, controlling, and managing case files, exhibits, and other case-specific materials.
- Assists trial staff in coordination with expert witnesses and litigation consultants.
- Arranges for access to appropriate client libraries and other legal research facilities.
- Coordinates with other Contractor support components, including data processing support staff, in order to accomplish work.