Sr. Systems Engineer for IBMi Services - RemoteLocation: Remote
Posted On: 06/17/2022
Requirement Code: 59080
We are looking for senior level system engineers to take a look at a direct hire, remote opportunity.
Qualified candidates would have the following experience:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide IBM i related support services to Mainline clientele on either a project or managed basis.
- Install Power Systems
- Design and implement external storage in an IBM i environment
- Design and implement IBM i high availability using either logical or physical replication
- Have working experience with performance tuning and change management
- Have working experience with project planning and design
- Troubleshoot and resolve job failures and technical issues.
- Participate in the development of proposals and presentations to management and clients.
- Assist in the identification of additional service opportunities.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to our clientele.
- Must have strong client facing communication skills.
- Ability to manage difficult client situations.
- Work with client and Mainline Marketing to assure solution meets the client's business objective.
- Perform system-engineering functions with respect to the development of system concepts, architecture, design, and requirements at the system, software, services, and hardware levels.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- External storage for IBMi including storage replication Full System Flash Copy and Full System Replication
- IBM PowerVM including VIOS installation/configuration
- HMC Configuration/administration
- Configuration of LPM and other advanced PowerVM features
- IBM i installation and support
- IBM i upgrade
- Backup and recovery
- Availability issues and disaster recovery
- Remote management and support
- General network concepts and implementation of Power Systems in existing and new networks
- BA or BS degree or equivalent is required.
- Candidates should possess a minimum of 5 years experience in client facing environments with effective presentation skills.
- Skills should include understanding of Virtualization environments for Power Servers.
- Candidates should possess strong working knowledge of IBM products, including but not limited to x86, Power Systems, Storage, and Networking.