Clinical Application AnalystLocation: Bellevue, WA
Posted On: 01/07/2021
Requirement Code: 42927
- Acquisition project ongoing for the last 6 months, the clinical team has a lot of backlog that needs to be cleaned up.
- Need a strong healthcare clinical application analyst to come in to help clear the backlog, perform production support, documentation, scheduling with internal IT and work with doctors and nurses.
- The Systems Analyst leads smaller and departmental projects and is a technical specialist and consultant during and after application software system implementation.
- Has a thorough understanding of the user's environment and helps enable the user to fully maximize administrative, ancillary, nursing, and related clinical and financial systems capabilities to meet the institutional goals of quality patient care, cost containment and operational efficiency.
- The Systems Analyst oversees implementation and conversion plans and procedures and assists in the development and execution of training plans for all assigned user departments.
- Serves as IS liaison to assigned departme
- Selections, Implementations and Major Upgrades
- Defines project scope and approach and appropriate project team members.
- Educates project team on the implementation process and negotiates expectations for project process and outcomes; coordinates project so that it meets team members' and users' mutually-agreed upon expectations.
- Customizes work plans for projects with project team.
- Establishes mutually agreed-to dates and responsibilities.
- Assembles issues list and facilitates resolution of those issues.
- Provides ongoing quality assurance review of work plan progress.
- Facilitates all project team, specification gathering and training meetings.
- Develops interface specifications working in conjunction with vendor and users.
- Develops detailed testing plan.
- Establishes responsibilities of IS and of users in completing the testing plan and ensures that resources are dedicated to the testing process.
- Executes IS portion of testing plan and provides quality assurance review of user testing.
- Compares existing reports to new reports and assesses need for ad hoc or customized reports.
- Develops report specifications working in conjunction with vendor, programmers and users.
- Develops training plans and attends initial training sessions.
- Where appropriate, provides high level assistance to trainers, i.e. question and answer sessions, etc.
- Works with users and IS teams to set up security categories, privileges and sign-ons for users.
- Works with users and IS teams to establish backup, maintenance and production schedules.
- Develops Go-Live plan working in conjunction with users, vendor, Operations and Network Services Departments.
- New and Mature Systems
- Thoroughly understands user's environment and how application software can be used to increase efficiencies, cost effectiveness and quality care.
- Serves as IS liaison for assigned departments, gather and provide feedback, update customers, prioritize and coordinate IS-related initiatives, and collaborate on departmental technology strategies.
- Becomes expert on existing application software functionality.
- Understands which features and functions are currently in use and which are not.
- Works with users to establish implementation schedule for added functions.
- Understands programming capabilities to determine when customized reports are necessary.
- Works with users and programmers to establish report specifications.
- Understands report writer capabilities and limitations and develops ad hoc reports or refers requests appropriately to programmers.
- As appropriate, trains users to use report writer to develop their own ad hoc reports.
- Attends vendor user group meetings and interacts with other clients with the same application software to gain more knowledge of software usage.
- Keeps abreast of developments in product new releases.
- Keeps users informed of new developments and makes recommendations for implementation.
- Maintains central list of enhancement requests for the product and advocates user priorities with vendor.
- Keeps central problem log of ongoing maintenance issues and tracks with vendor.
- Escalates issues to Applications Manager as appropriate.
- Meets regularly (typically monthly) with user departments to discuss status of above items and prioritize and schedule new tasks.
Minimum Qualifications: Education:
- Associate's degree required.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Professional Licensure/Certification/Registration: n/a
- Three years experience with systems implementation and support required.
- Previous experience in an acute care hospital preferred.
- Experience with MS Access, SQL server, and/or EMR/EHR administrative, clinical, and financial systems is also preferred.
- Special Training/Skills:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; able to deal effectively with diverse personalities.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and proven ability to coordinate projects and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to motivate users.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Working Conditions:
- Well-lit, climate controlled office environment.
- Minimal potential for exposure to fumes, noise, chemicals, adverse weather conditions.