Corporate ParalegalLocation: Portland, Seattle
Posted On: 05/04/2022
Requirement Code: 58020
5+ years as a corporate paralegal in a law firm environment
Strong Communication skills
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Technical Information & Research - Highly organized and experienced in corporate/transactional law and record keeping including entity formation, annual reporting, operating agreements, partnership agreements, corporate structuring, sales, mergers and acquisitions. Conduct lien and litigation searches nationwide. Maintain and update corporate records and minute books. Research and analyze legal sources such as statutes, case law, legal articles, and regulatory sources. Communicate regularly with attorneys and clients regarding the status of projects and deadlines and informs attorneys of any issues.
• Document Preparation - Draft Operating Agreements, Bylaws, Certificates of Incorporation, Board and Shareholder Consents, Warranty and Stock Option documentation, Securities memos and Closing Checklists. Prepare final closing book and draft necessary stock certificates in regard to Mergers and Acquisitions and corporate refinancing/restructuring deals. Prepare UCC financing statement filings, amendments and terminations. Prepare, distribute and file annual reports and renewals. Filing and obtaining employer and tax identification numbers (EINs).
• Client Services - Develop and maintain positive relationships with the firm's clients, title insurance companies, closing agents, administrative agencies, and other outside vendors.
• Administrative Duties - Perform administrative responsibilities assigned by the practice area or department chair. Examples include disseminating changes in the codes, statutes, regulations and procedures to others in the firm and maintaining current files of forms used in the assigned practice area.
• Bachelors' degree, or additional four (4) years of applicable experience, preferred.Paralegal certificate and 5 years of relevant experience