Sr Perl EngineerLocation: Remote
Posted On: 01/10/2022
Requirement Code: 54319
Primary responsibilities will be to design, build and maintain data integration software that successfully connects Smart Warehousing systems with client and third-party partner systems. Provide production support for all data integration software by performing root cause analysis, identifying viable solutions, and implementing the best solution to resolve the issue. Fully document each integration for ease of support and to assist in future development activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, develop, document, test and implement data integration solutions that send/receive data, translate into the required format and manage exceptions in that process.
- Interact with trading partners to design, test, and implement new or enhanced data integration solutions to meet the project objectives.
- Engage all necessary groups within Smart Warehouse, clients, and third-party partners to come up with accurate estimates on level of effort to complete each request.
- Works with peers to gain understanding of systems while conducting root cause analysis of issues, reviewing new and existing code and performing unit testing.
- Participate in scoping sessions with the organization to define a clear understanding of the business process where technology will be applied.
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to cope in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Must have a high level of attention to detail.
- Constantly looking for opportunities to increase efficiency and productivity.
- Ability to deliver a high-quality product within the project time constraints.
?????THE PERSON????? | MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, equivalent or closely related field.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience as a Perl developer or equivalent development language.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience with PostgreSQL or similar relational database.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience with sending or receiving electronic files in EDI, XML and CSV formats.
- Hands-on experience developing data integrations to connect various types of systems.
- Experience in the warehousing or supply chain industry preferred.
- Attention to detail
- Must be well organized
- Must be able to work autonomously and as a collaborative team member