Field Support Engineer (remote)Location: Austin, TX
Posted On: 07/21/2020
Requirement Code: 41152
Our global technology client is seeking a Field Support Engineer for a 12 month contract in the Austin TX area. You must live in or near Austin TX to qualify for this position. Client will provide training on how to install their software and hardware. Previous desktop support experience will ensure your success in this role.
Our client will provide masks, gloves and hand sanitizer for the workers in this role. Mask and gloves are always required to be worn during work hours. Workers will be visiting client customer sites in the Austin TX area.
THIS ASSIGNMENT IS REMOTE IN the Austin, TX area
To provide installation and post installation support of our client's Biometrics Solutions, including Automated Fingerprint Identification Systems, Facial Recognition Systems, Biometric Capture Systems(BCS) and Image verification systems at various customer locations in Austin TX. Responsible for system support to include first level software support, as well as hardware support. This person,and position, should be at a level that permits and requires the individual to take control and make necessary decisions to resolve routine situations with minimal impact to the Customer. In situations where critical system downtime may occur, with software or next level support not available at that point, the incumbent will be expected to act on self initiative to make necessary corrective action, if possible, or take appropriate action up the chain management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(1) Maintain high customer satisfaction through professional and ethical conduct with first class customer service and excellent business manner
(2) Ability to troubleshoot (locally and remotely), Windows and Linux based Servers, workstations
and have partial hands on experience with the user applications.
(3) Knowledge of Linux OS and first level Oracle Data Base.
(4)Ability to analyze logs to make a determination as to cause of problems and to suggest effective problem solutions.
(5) Troubleshoot and install patches for a variety of Biometric applications.
(6) Provide direct on call site support, as needed.
(7) Keep customers updated with providing timely and accurate services and information